Vision StatementWe strive to welcome all newcomers, assisting them in building the lives they seek through the removal of barriers and the provision of culturally competent support services.
NATF is a network of public and private organizations and community members, dedicated to supporting new Americans in our community.
NATF currently has over 40 agency participants that meet monthly to share information with each other concerning news, events, and issues that are related to new Americans. For over 10 years NATF has continued to make Lincoln's human service agencies more aware of the challenges new Americans face and how best to go about solving them.
The list of NATF accomplishments over the years is lengthy. They include but are not limited to: Translation of the State Motor Vehicle Handbook into Spanish; Creation of CHIRP - a telephone assistance line in 5 languages accessible to health and human service agencies; Two new micro-centers - Faces of the Middle East and the The African Nations Center; creation of a mental health listserv via the University of Nebraska Clinical Psychology Dept.; a major contributor in the development of a series of interpreter/translator training courses offered at Southeast Community College; completion of a Sudanese Health Care survey; publication of a book entitled "Her Stories"; and Lincoln and Lancaster County now have bilingual protection orders to be used in Domestic Violence situations.
- African Multicultural Center
- Aging Services
- Asian Community and Cultural Center
- Bryan/LGH Medical Center
- Catholic Social Services
- Cedars Northbridge Community Center
- Center for People in Need
- City of Lincoln-Commission on Human Rights
- City of Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Dept.
- City of Lincoln-Libraries
- City of Lincoln-Police Dept.
- City of Lincoln-Urban Development
- Community Health Endowment of Lincoln
- Community Crops
- El Centro de Las Americas
- Faces of the Middle East
- F.I.R.S.T. Project
- Good Neighbor Center
- Goodwill Industries
- Lincoln Action Program
- Lincoln Housing Authority
- Lincoln Literacy Council
- Lincoln Public Schools
- Lutheran Family Services
- Nebraska Appleseed Center
- Planned Parenthood
- Southeast Community College
- State of Nebraska-Health and Human Services System
- State Refugee Ressetlement Program
- Sudanese Community Resource Center
- University of Nebraska-Cooperative Extension
- University of Nebraska-International Affairs
- Woods Charitable Fund